Cal Test Electronics is dedicated to the goal of providing the best possible service to our customers. Our Service Department in Yorba Linda, CA is equipped with the required instruments, procedures and personnel to service or calibrate your Cal Test Electronics instruments to their optimum performance specifications. NIST traceable calibration certificates are available for all Test Equipment. Procedures and technical information are also available for each instrument, upon request.
Cal Test Electronics products carry a 1-year warranty against defect in materials and workmanship. Cal Test Electronics will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace any product returned and found to be defective within 1 year of original shipment. This warranty does not apply to products that exceed the warranty period, have been subject to misuse, neglect, accident, or that have been altered or repaired by anyone other than Cal Test Electronics. In no case will Cal Test Electronics' liability exceed the original purchase price. These provisions do not extend the original warrant period of any product repaired or replaced by Cal Test Electronics.
Calibration or Repair
- Calibration is not covered under warranty.
- There is a minimum $45 fee to evaluate a product. If you choose to have repairs or calibrations made, this fee will be applied to your account.
- Repairs and/or calibrations are fixed charges set for each product. You simply pay the set amount and Cal Test Electronics will make the necessary repairs (and/or calibration) and ship back your product, or a new replacement at their discretion, in good working order.
- Global Specialties will send you an email with the costs for repair/calibration along with your RMA (Return Materials Authorization) number. Please fill out the form below.
- Repairs: Most current products have a two week turn-around. Ultimate time depends on parts availability.
- Calibration: Typically one week
- Repair with Calibration: Typically two weeks
- Warranty: For domestic sales, Cal Test Electronics pays for shipping to and from customer. For international sales, Cal Test Electronics is only responsible for the return shipping. Please pack the unit in its original packaging, if possible. Cal Test Electronics is not responsible for damages incurred during shipping. Shipments will be arranged for UPS/FedEx Ground only.
- Non-Warranty: Customer pays for shipping both ways.
All repairs and/or calibrations must have a RMA number prior to sending the unit to us. Simply fill out the RMA request on-line using the form below and get a RMA# and the costs for repair/calibration.
NOTE: Please send only one form request for multiple serial numbers. Use a comma to separate your serial numbers.
Calibration/Repair Request Form
* indicates a required field