Restriction of Hazardous Substance Directive
Information on Restriction of Hazardous Substance (RoHS) Compliance
Cal Test Electronics is committed to reducing or eliminating hazardous material from its test and measurement accessory products, and to promoting recycling or reuse.
Cal Test Electronics’ products are classified under ANNEX I, Category 9: Monitoring and control instruments including industrial monitoring and control instruments of Directive 2011/65/EU (recast).
Directive 2011/65/EU (recast) of 8 June 2011, or RoHS 2, established by the European Union, restricts the use of six substances (items 1 – 6) in electrical and electronic products; along with Commission Delegation Directive (EU) 2015/863 of 31 March 2015, which amended Annex II of Directive 2011/65/EU and introduces four additional substances (items 7 – 10: Phthalates).
Maximum concentration values tolerated by weight in homogeneous materials)
- Lead (Pb) <0.1% = < 1,000 ppm
- Mercury (Hg) <0.1% = <1,000 ppm
- Hexavalent Chromium (CR VI) <0.1% = <1,000 ppm
- Cadmium (Cd) <0.01% = <100 ppm
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB) <0.1% = <1,000 ppm
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE) <0.1% = <1,000 ppm
- Bis(2-ethylhexyl) Phthalate (DEHP) <0.1% = <1,000 ppm
- Butyl Benzyl Phthalate (BBP) <0.1% = <1,000 ppm
- Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) <0.1% = <1,000 ppm
- Diisobutyl Phthalate (DIBP) <0.1% = <1,000 ppm
- Annex III, 6(c) – Copper alloy contains up to 4% lead by weight
To this end, working diligently with its global supply partners, Cal Test Electronics has transitioned all of its products to RoHS 2 compliance. All new products will be designed to comply with the directives.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.caltestelectronics.com/company-documents.
Cal Test Electronics